Just my small section of the internet...

Wednesday 30 November 2011

"Winging it is an exceptional and necessary skill" - Matt Hinton

Still playing catch-up here! It is very tricky to keep up with sooooo much other stuff to do.
So sorry people., but here is another installment right now!

So October something (don't remember anymore) saw the DNP come in, around a week after Elle left.
This meant that I didn't have very long to get my presentation finished and done before I had to talk about my project while here to a room full of Nuclear Structure Professors.

East Lansing was very cold and flat, yet still beautiful in fall. Spending most of the time in the seminar hotel meant that it was difficult to appreciate, but at least it was nice and warm.

My presentation was on the Thursday, the second day, in the morning. After a long travel, I was glad to have this out of the way early, especially as I only got it done the day before we left for the DNP itself.
The presentation went well, I believe, and I got a few people saying as such, which is always nice.

After the presentation, we had undergrads to please, by at least pretending to be interested in their presentations. However, to make this a bearable experience, they gave all the judgemental grad students and professors free alcohol! The guys from Richmond & I, whom it was really good to see again, had a fair number of drinks here. We then had the grad student event, with more free alchohol, so quite a lot was drunk that day...

Friday, with a slight hangover, was more presentations to watch and promoting Yale to the undergrads in the afternoon. Saturday was similar again, finally leaving MSU in the afternoon.

Unfortunately, we got stuck in Detroit airport for ages (like 7 hours) due to snow back in New England. By this point I did just want to be back home,  since my brain was fried from too much physics over the past week!

Just a quick post today, since I'm still trying to play catch-up! See you all next time for another convention post!


Achievement Unlocked!

No comments: