Just my small section of the internet...

Monday 14 November 2011

"Failing to plan is planning to fail." - Alan Lakein

And I certainly wasn't planning in any way about getting this blog done at any sort of reasonable time.
Lots of stuff has currently passed and therefore need to do a bit of a catch-up, starting with a visit from Miss Elle!


I had a week break between Mandy and Elle visiting, which was kinda nice, meant I got loads of work done at least!
Elle arrived late (not as late as Mandy, but still late) at the completely wrong place on Tuesday 4th Oct (you can see how late this post is now) she soon settled in to life in New Haven, and was quickly complaining about all the things which British people have been commenting about when they visit here, the wooden houses, the accents, all of that!

First weekend here, I had arranged to run PFS (what else?) at a convention in upstate New York, Schenektedekdeddy, or something like that!
Convention was good fun, got to play lots of PFS and even got some board gaming in on the Sunday, so a big thanks to Art for sorting out my attending another great convention, met some really great people there.

Elle and I then had a week hanging out in and around New Haven, seeing the town and a quick trip to shop in Stamford. This lead up to Elle's last weekend here and the guarenteed trip to NYC BABY!!

We managed to spend 2 days in New York. Sat was sightseeing and meeting up with Mr Rosh et al, which was really awesome. Managed to get caught up in Occupy Wall Street, which was ermmm, interesting!
Sunday was shopping day, after a night at the YMCA (which was slightly too much like a jail for my liking!)  Still, lots of shopping was done, and after a VERY tiring weekend we returned to New Haven.



Elle finally dissapeared a few days later, leaving me alone here, with a LOT of work to do, getting ready for the DNP, but that's another blog. It was fantastic to see Elle, have missed everyone from home such a lot, but I'm sure I'll miss everyone here a lot too.
Managed to learn very tiny amounts of Polish while she was here, caught up a lot and got all of the episodes of Parks on Netflix watched, which is really good! :)

It's not actually too long now until I get back to England (as people can see from the corner of my blog)

So, until next time people!



Achievement unlocked!

No comments: