Just my small section of the internet...

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. ~Albert Einstein

Wise man. Also, very obvious... Still, an appropriate quote I believe.

On 18th November, I flew back to England.  Good old England... But I had a reason, I had a mission. I had a purpose...
My plan was to surprise Soph and turn up, fully dapper in her living room on the morn of her sisters' wedding, which she was convinced I was not going to be able to make it to.
So, after a night of not sleeping (to try and sleep on the plane), I was off to fly back to the green and pleasant land I call home.
Needless to say, lots of awesome comic book movies were watched on the plane etc... etc... and I arrived in LHR at 8:30am British time (3:30) having got no sleep whatsoever!

The wedding was at around noon, so I just about had enough time to rush home, change, grab some food (really had no idea what meal that was) and head back out the door. Onwards! To surprise Soph!

Watermark will be deleted when Lucy
get the pictures!
So, Soph's dad came up with a brilliant plan. As the Bride and Bridesmaids were getting their hair or something done, I arrived at Soph's house, looking rather dapper... even if I do say so myself.
Soph arrived back eventually and I hid in the garage, while her Mum pretended to get a picture of them all, so I could walk in and get Soph's reaction... (no, you can't see the video.)
Ah yes. Soph's reaction. I'm pretty sure it was all emotions at once. Impressive. Though eventually she was just really really happy to see me, even in my sleep-deprived 2 5-hour energy, state. (Does that make it 10-hour, or just 5-hour super energy?)

So anyway, we went off to the wedding...
It was a lovely venue and ceremony, with much tired dancing and an actual pint of ale (even if it was Boddingtons) afterwards. Lucy looked fantastic (as did everyone) and I managed to stay awake up until the final hour or so, where I crashed. (Coffee is a wonderful thing)


So, it then went to a week in good ol' England, most of which was spent in the company of people in Guildford, mainly Soph, which was awesome. I managed to surprise the physics guys by turning up at the end of their lecture. Got a pretty big man-hug from Travis for that! (I'm calling it a man-hug, but it was a wonderful, special moment of sharing feelings...) Also big hug from all the physics guys, meant I was pretty overwhelmed!
Hanging out in Guildford was awesome, got to go back to my old Gamesoc, which is still doing really well! Looking forward to getting back to that, for lots of awesome gaming. MORE 40K!

Finally, I headed home (to parent's house) on Sat, to spend time at home quickly, including seeing parents and Granny and meeting Rachael's boyfriend (finally) for a really nice meal out in Wewlyn (or however it's spelt)

Flying back to the US was actually a pretty nice trip, with extra legroom and everything, and I arrived in New Haven, for my final 4 weeks here at around 9pm on Sunday...

The next (and probably penultimate) post will be Anonycon! My final convention here! There might be some extra Pathfinder stuff in there, so stay on the edge of your seats people!


I don't think I could have not put this...

Achievement unlocked!

No comments: