Just my small section of the internet...

Friday 14 January 2011

Beginnings and Endings.

 Hi people who are interested.
It has come to my attention that most people seem to know that I have a blog, despite a lack of posts as of yet.
Thus I have decided that now is as good a time as any to start writing it.

This blog is not aiming to be anything in particular so don't expect it to be specifically funny or have hidden messages behind my words. It is just here for people to find out about my life in Yale over the coming months.

So why start now, when I'm not going out there for a month? Firstly it is precisely a month before I start there, so this seems like a fairly reasonable time. The second reason is to do with GameSoc. I have been president of the University Tabletop Gaming Society for 2 years and have run it for 3. It (and all of it's members) are very close to my heart so it is sad for me to pass over Presidency to a very capable young man, and my friend, Le-Roy. I have every confidence that he will look after it and make sure that it runs as successfully as it has been over the last year. GameSoc has allowed me to meet some of the closest friends I have and I consider every person in it a cherished friend. Its very true that board gamers are amongst the nicest people in the world! I would like to thank all of them who made my last few gamesoc's really really enjoyable.
On a happy note, I have found a gaming group in New Haven (thanks to BGG), where I should be able to get my fill of rpgs and board games!
Im on the back row at the left (taken at "Suit up for GameSoc")


So with the Presidency passed on I look to the future (which at the moment only seems to be exams and revision...) After these have finished I will have 1 week of partying at Uni, followed by a week at home and then I am hoping to fly out on the 13th Feb or so (will update the date when I book flights) This will mean leaving my entire life here, including my wonderful girlfriend of over three and a half year and all of my friends here, I'm going to miss all of them such a lot.
Me and my Soph at my last GameSoc as President
Just to make sure everybody knows, I will be working at Yale for 11 months and am very scared and excited about it, in varying proportions with time and space! I'm really looking forward to seeing America and working at the Nuclear Structure Lab for Prof. Werner.

Just a quick note about this blog; It will be mostly used to keep people/stalkers back in the UK up to date with what is going on in my life over in the USA, thus I will be mostly posting at intermediate intervals (basically whenever anything interesting happens in my life). I apologise for the first post being on a slight downer, but it isn't meant to be. I hope that people enjoy keeping up to date with what I'm doing in the USA, if you want to talk to me in a more personal way than this, then you can use my email address (ask me).

I'm now slightly using this as procrastination, so should sign off and hopefully this post will spread itself around people who are interested by word of mouth, as the fact that I have a blog did. I'll probably see most of you soon. Stay tuned, and in the style of my favouite podcast, well done for reaching the end.

Achievement Unlocked!

1 comment:

Jonnyishman said...

Good form old man, good form. I'm looking forward to the moment when we meet up out there and we can write about each other.