Just my small section of the internet...

Tuesday 1 March 2011

"Home is not where you live but where they understand you." ~Christian Morgenstern

Hello again people.
I have now moved into my new apartment and have been here for over 2 weeks, thus it is probably time for a new blog post. I know how all you people in England just sit waiting at your computers for the next thrilling installment!

Okay, first new development. I finally have my new laptop! The pic on the right shows the massive improvement over my little laptop!
For those of you not interested in pc crap avoid the next paragraph, but those of you interested can read the specs below:
intel corei7- 1.83 Ghz- 8threads. auto overclock.
6gb RAM
1GB NVidea GeForce GTS 360M
64GB SSD (for OS)
18.4" HD Display.
Blu-ray player.
Face recognition login- this is terribly slow to login but is really cool nonetheless.

Secondly (yes it is secondly, since I would rather be a hobo with an awesome laptop than have a house with nothing to do in it!), I have a new apartment. These pictures have gone up on facebook, but just in case you didn't see them here is one of the lounge. It is a really really nice 2-bed apartment which I am sharing with a really awesome guy, who isn't around very much as he is out for work. This does mean that I have to actually get around to buying food and cooking and stuff, which I haven't actually done yet at all.
Also, the apartment has a movie projector (to the left of this pic)!

Thus everybody at home has to sort out some kind of timetable for who is coming to visit me and when. I have an airbed and sleeping bag here for you to stay on (or for some people I might give up my bed if I'm feeling very kind) Certain people may get to share the bed with me... (don't get too excited Jonny, we both know I don't agree with putting out on the first date, just squeeze and HONKA!) anyway....

Work at the lab is going well, I will put up pictures of my workspace shortly, when I actually take them. I should have fast wifi by tomorrow eve, so all of you missing me should add my Skype (matt.hinton) to talk with me (and see my amazing sexy headset). It was really good chatting with some of you at Elle's birthday, a catch up was awesome, even if some of you were quite drunk.

I'm playing a magic draft this evening, which should be awesome. I'm looking forward to playing magic again. Haven't played in ages.

I'll sign off here and will post again, as usual when anything interesting happens. Hopefully you enjoyed reading up on my life.

Achievement Unlocked!
P.S. if anybody feels like trying out league of legends then I would recommend it and you can come and play with me.

No comments: